Factory B8/B8.5 brakes leave much to be desired in terms of braking ability, response, and repeatability. While there are some mild OEM upgrades available, they too show their weakness under track use and heavy braking from higher speeds.
The APG big brake kit is the final solution to all of your braking issues! Say goodbye to going faster than you can stop, and don't let your brakes hold your car's performance back. APG has proven itself around the world, from street use to time attack, and strive to provide the highest quality solution for all kinds of driving enthusiasts around the globe.
The 380mm big brake kit features a forged, 2-piece 8-piston aerospace-aluminum caliper with forged pistons for durability, full-floating 2-piece discs with aerospace-aluminum center hats and cast rotor rings, and pad compounds available for a full range of street to track.
The 380mm kit will clear most 19" wheels easily, but please verify fitment with your wheel manufacturer or someone from our team before ordering! For 18" wheels, please see APG's 356mm BBK.
Please note: Caliper finish is available in a wide variety of colours, as well as in Anodized (textured) or Painted (glossy). Please specify your desired colour and finish before ordering to ensure a quick turnaround!
APG 380mm Big Brake Upgrade B8/B8.5
- 8-piston, forged 6061-T6 aerospace grade alloy 2-piece calipers
- Radial-mount design for less flex
- Pistons 6061-T6 alloy with anti-corrosion coating
- Dual seals with high-temperature resistant oil ring and dust scrapers
- Stainless steel bleed screw
- Carbon steel caliper adapter for direct bolt-on installation guaranteed
- Teflon and stainless steel brake lines DOT/ADR approved with banjo bolts
- CNC machined logo
- Anti-corrosion coating or custom color finish: “Hard anodized”, “Anodized ”, or "Gloss Paint”
- 2-piece rotors with 6061-T6 aerospace grade alloy hat.
- Fully balanced from the factory
- Rotor ring in FC30 cast iron with anti-corrosion coating.
- Drilled / Slotted / Drilled and Slotted rotor ring available at no extra cost. (We advise drilled for street and slotted only for track and race applications)
- Full-floating rotors use floating hardware with anti-rattle system (removable and rebuildable). It provides a lower tendency to warp, less drag and wear as the rotor ring centers itself with the pads. Available for 330mm rotors and bigger only.
For street use, providing no noise, very little dust, good braking power and friction both at low and high temperatures.
These are specifically designed in order to provide good bite and feel as well as good longevity of the pads and rotors.
Optimal temperature range: 0~500°C
Maximum temperature: ~550°C
Coefficient of friction: 0.38~0.45
For street/track use, providing low noise, little dust, high braking power and friction both at low and high temperatures.
These are specifically designed in order to provide stronger bite and race feel as well as good longevity of the pads and rotors.
Optimal temperature range: 0~550°C
Maximum temperature: ~600°C
Coefficient of friction: 0.40~0.50
For race use only: for maximum braking power, bite and friction. Those brake pads are noisy, they will wear out the rotors faster than the street pads and produce more dust. The operating temperature range is higher and it is not safe for everyday street use.
However, they are a must for a race car or track day providing a consistent and predictable strong braking and longevity at high temperatures. Feel free to request two sets of pads if you want a set for street and a set for race for your weekend warrior.
Optimal temperature range: 100~700°C
Maximum temperature: ~750°C
Coefficient of friction: 0.42~0.58
For race use only: this is a new race compound that pushes the limits even further. We were able to achieve a much higher temperature range while offering a very high coefficient of friction for extreme race use conditions.
Optimal temperature range: 100~800°C
Maximum temperature: ~850°C
Coefficient of friction: 0.58~0.68